Introducing our new FX series of coaxial studio monitors.
Keeping true to the original "keyhole" design, the FX enclosure has been updated with a complex radius front baffle, which not only looks pretty cool, it improves cabinet defraction.
Mounted in the center of the woofer is a 25mm silk dome tweeter in a coaxial configuration. Using this technology (unique in its price range) makes it a "point source" device, meaning that all the sound emanates from a single point - not points that are 10" apart. This is crucial for improving off-axis response, but also allows for a more compact footprint cabinet.
Boundary compensation DIP switches
Sometimes the spaces where we mix aren't the most forgiving acoustically (especially if you're in a home studio).
The FX series monitors come equipped with boundary control EQ switches, that allow you to compensate for spaces that may not have been "tuned" or just need to be adjusted due to their proximity to the wall behind them. There is also a guide conveniently printed on the rear panel to show how the DIP switches work, and a more detailed explanation in the user guide.
- Frequency response: 49Hz � 22KHz (+/- 3db)
- Crossover frequency: 2.9KHz
- Low-frequency amplifier power: 50 watts
- High-frequency amplifier power: 40 watts
- Signal-to-noise: 89dB (typical A-weighted)
- Polarity: Positive signal at + input produces outward LF one displacement
- Input impedance: 20 k ohms balanced, 10 k ohms unbalanced
- Input sensitivity: 85 mV pink noise input produces TBD dB output 89dBA @ one meter with volume control at maximum
- Power: 100V - 240V~50/60 Hz
- Protection: RF interference, output current limiting, over temperature, turn-on/off transient, subsonic filter, external mains fuse
- Cabinet: Vinyl-laminated MDF
- Size (single monitor): 9.21*6.93*9.0 / 234mm x 176mm x 230mm
- Weight (each): 8.15lbs / 3.8kg