The Fader Series FX8 studio reference monitor was born out of trying to solve one big problem: How do you make an 8" 2-way monitor that isn't 15" tall! In a studio environment (and more so in a home studio), when you put something that tall on a mixing console, it tends to obstruct the view in front of you. Then what ends up happening is you put these huge monoliths on their side (to reduce the height) and speaker imaging gets skewed because the high frequency energy is bouncing off the surface they're sitting on. Not to mention, what was the vertical off-axis response is now the horizontal off-axis response, minimizing your sweet spot in the listening position. Another compromise! We solved this by creating a Coaxial 2-way design (or dual concentric), with the tweeter mounted in the center of the woofer. We were always impressed by the Manley Tannoy speakers that used a coax driver - we just wanted to do it less expensively. There are two huge benefits to this. One, you can shrink the cabinet height. As mentioned above, it's not optimum to have huge, clumsy speakers on your console...and most 2-ways are so tall, that the tweeter is firing over your head anyway, then you have to tilt them down... and that notion is kind of scary.
- Frequency response: 35 Hz � 22 kHz (+/-3dB)
- Crossover frequency: 2.4 kHz
- Low-frequency amplifier power: 80 watts
- High-frequency amplifier power: 50 watts
- Signal-to-noise: > 100 dB (typical A-weighted)
- Polarity: Positive signal at + input produces outward LF cone displacement
- Input impedance: 20 k ohms balanced, 10 k ohms unbalanced
- Input sensitivity: 85 mV pink noise input produces 95dBA output SPL @ one meter with volume control at maximum (102dB Max SPL)
- Power: 115V ~50/60 Hz or 230V~50/60 Hz user switchable.
- Protection: RF interference, output current limiting, over temperature, turn on/off transient, subsonic filter, external mains fuse
- Cabinet: Vinyl-laminated MDF
- Size (single monitor): 340mm (H) x 254mm (W) x 270mm (D)
- Weight (pair): 44 lbs / 20 kg