Warm Audio WA-84 Overview
Based on classic microphone circuitry, the nickel Warm Audio WA-84 is a fully discrete, small-diaphragm condenser microphone well suited for professional studios, home studios, live sound, and broadcast applications. The WA-84 excels at capturing a variety of sources including acoustic/electric guitars, acoustic/electric bass, drums, pianos, strings, brass, woodwinds, and an array of other instruments.
The WA-84 features a heavy nickel CineMag USA transformer in its signal path to warm up and enlarge the sound source. Also, included are audiophile components including polystyrene and Wima capacitors and a Fairchild FET, which all contribute to produce a gorgeous sounding circuit with great signal integrity and a smooth boutique tone and a creamy-smooth top-end and a beefy mid-to-bottom.
The cardioid capsule is replaceable and is easily unscrewed from the body. The enclosure features a -10 dB pad to attenuate loud sources, while the gold-plated 3-pin XLR connector ensures a solid connection to an optional microphone cable. The WA-84 offers a frequency response of 20 Hz to 20 kHz and can capture sources with a maximum SPL of 133 dB (with the -10 dB pad engaged). The Warm Audio WA-84 includes a shockmount, a microphone clip, a windscreen, and a carrying case.
- Utilizes a CineMag USA transformer
- Directional Pattern: Cardioid
- Fully discrete vintage-style signal path
- Vintage capsule reproduction
- +48V phantom powered
- Frequency Range: 20 Hz to 20 kHz
- Pad: 0 or -10 dB
- Maximum SPL: 123/133 dB (0/-10 dB)
- Connector: 3-pin gold-plated XLR
- Package Includes: Microphone, cardioid capsule, shockmount, mic clip, windscreen, and carrying case